Monday, September 2, 2013

365 Days Of Junk - Day 184

Hearth Bench






I was told that this thing is called a hearth bench, because it is something that ladies would put next to the fireplace to sit on while they did things like needlework. I'm not sure if that's actually what it is, but I'll just go with it for now. What I am sure about is that it is some kind of bench or stool. The top is wooden and the base is iron. It looks like it should go with one of those antique metal singer sewing machines. Anyway, when I purchased it, it had a piece of foam covered with a burgundy restaurant type napkin, on top. Classy right????? Of course, I took the napkin and the foam off. I was too lazy to reupholster it! So, I put some stain on the wood and freaked out because it looked too dark after I put the stain on. Then, I wiped on some watered down white craft paint. I like the way it turned out. The stain made the wood grain more visible, while the white paint lightened it up and settled in all of the hole & scratches.

No comments:

Post a Comment