Monday, September 30, 2013

365 Days Of Junk - Day 208

Humongous Vintage Sectional Sofa 


I wish I had better pictures to show you of this beast! This is something that I actually did not buy! Can you believe that I used some self control? In fairness, I probably would have bought it if I could have fit it into a Uhaul van easily. This is, honestly, the BIGGEST sectional sofa (or sofa of any kind) that I have EVER seen! Seriously! It had to be at least 20 feet long. It was HUGE. It was also upholstered in some seriously fuzzy velvet or velour. It was almost like monkey fur. On the back of one of the straight pieces, there was a tabletop that flipped up. It's a bit hard to tell, but it is kind of a sage green in color. I'm sure this sofa is vintage, but would you say it's from the 50's, 60's, or 70's??????? It also had a tag on it from an upholstery shop here in the ATL (I don't remember the name & I'm pretty sure it's no longer in business). So, that makes me wonder if it was custom made for someone's home.

Anyway, maybe you can tell that the picture was taken outside. The sofa was for sale at a local thrift store. This particular thrift store put it's used  furniture outside for people to see (they have a covered area). Considering the size of this thing, it was a steal priced around $140! It sold within about 5 days. I really wonder what happened to it. Where did the buyer put it? Did they have it reupholstered?  

No comments:

Post a Comment