Friday, January 23, 2015

Found Goods

I wanted to share a project that I just started working on. It's a junk project. I bought these tables, last weekend:


These are 18th Century Classics by Drexel. I paid $75 for the pair. The finish is in rough condition, so I'm going to paint them. 

You can see in the picture that I have already started removing the loose finish with steel wool. My plan is to paint them white, with a bright color inside the drawers. I love the idea of painting a pink or bright coral in the drawers, but I think that will make them decidedly feminine. Will it? Since, I want to resell them, I don't want them to only appeal to women. So... I'm thinking about going with a chartreuse in the drawers. Thoughts? What color would you paint them?

 Also, I intend to keep the original hardware, but a friend suggested that I replace it. Would you keep the hardware as is or replace it? 

My goal is to finish them this weekend, which my be ambitious since it is raining today! I have the feeling that this project will either be an amazing transformation or an epic fail. 

Stayed tuned to find out how they turn out. You can also follow along on Instagram @melissablaircarter. I post there almost daily. I also have 365 days of art or painting (or whatever I'm calling it) posted there. I'm doing pretty well, so far. I haven't missed a day (yet)! 

Happy Friday! I hope your weekend is productive and FUN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment