Thursday, August 2, 2012

Up, Up, and Away


We are going out of town, tomorrow. We are flying to TN to visit Alex's family for the weekend. I HATE to fly!!!!! I LOVE the idea of flying, but HATE to fly. Flying should feel like the picture above. You know, flying off into the wild blue yonder. Flying up into beautiful blue skies and white fluffy clouds. It should be relaxing.

Instead, for me, it is filled with anxiety. I clutch the seat when we take off. I clutch the seat when the plane turns. I clutch the seat (or dig my nails into Alex's flesh) if there is turbulence.  I start to panic when the plane begins to descend in order to land.

For me, flying looks more like this:


It's not calm and peaceful. It's more like getting sucked into a hole in the sky. Wish me luck on my flights to and from! I know that I'm being irrational, but I can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment