Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Feathers Everywhere


I know that a lot of artists, photographers and bloggers are on the lookout for feathers, especially ones found in nature. I will occasionally stumble across a feather when I'm outside, but I don't really look for them. I mean, we have down filled pillows and cushions all over our house. I see feathers all the time.

However.... This morning was different.. I took the monsters for a walk (that is a reference to 2 of my ill mannered dogs, not my child). I was trying to hurry because I always think that I have a million things to do, most of which are things I create for myself to do. Anyway, I saw a lady in our neighborhood slowly and carefully doing some yard work around her house. Watching her, made me think how nice ti would be to spend the day doing things leisurely and joyfully. Wouldn't it be nice to enjoy certain tasks rather than feeling rushed?????? About that time, I looked up and saw a feather floating down from the sky. It was a perfect, fluffy, white feather falling slowing to the ground. It was set against a beautiful blue sky, surrounded my bright green trees. It really was a breathtaking sight (even for someone cynical like me). It landed softly in someone's front yard, on a bed of fluffy green grass. Then, as I continued to walk, I saw several more small white feathers and picked up a larger striped one. As I was about to turn the corner to come home, I walked under another feather falling from the sky. It was so surprising. I think I'm going to take my feather sightings as a sign that I should slow down a bit and enjoy the ordinary things more.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures while i was one my walk... Because.... Wait for it... I was in a hurry when I left the house and I didn't have any pockets to put my phone or camera. Oh well, maybe next time! (The picture above is one that I took of the sky while I was in the car. I love to take sky pics and Instagram them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment