Thursday, July 11, 2013

365 Days Of Junk - Day 141


Blue Dog Print


This really is one of my all time favorite junk purchases! It is a print of a Blue Dog painting, by George Rodrigue. I have wanted a Blue Dog for about 18 years, so stumbling across this print was an exciting find for me.

I found it in a Goodwill store. I don't remember exactly how much I paid for it, but I'm sure that it was less than $6. When I purchased it, it was in a cheap frame but I didn't care. I searched Blue Dog paintings to try to determine the name of this particular one. Of course, I had no luck. However, when I took it out of the frame I noticed that it has writing on the back. Someone wrote, "My Days are growing Brighter 1993" in pencil on the back of it. I have searched for Blue Dog Paintings with this title and still haven't been able to find anything. The mystery makes me like it even more. Maybe one day, I can buy an original Blue Dog. A girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment