Wednesday, December 18, 2013

365 Days Of Junk - Day 279

The Birds Of America by John James Audubon








This is one of my all time favorite junk purchases. However, I did not buy this is a thrift store. I actually bought it in an antique store, for $40! That's kind of a lot of money for me to spend on "junk", but I just couldn't resist. This is The Birds Of America, by John James Audubon. The illustrations are stunning, gorgeous, amazing! Do I call them illustrations or artwork or pictures?????? The details and the colors are just amazing. Really. So, again, this is not my usual junk post, because I didn't purchase this book cheap at a thrift store. I would like to point out that the dealer who sold this book most likely did purchase this book in a thrift store or at a yard sale. I say that, because there is a stamp, on numerous pages, that reads "Library Of E. Paul Chivington". It was probably donated to a thrift store or sold at a yard sale after someone passed away. If you look at the third picture, you will see the inside of the cover of the book. Isn't it gorgeous? In case you can't tell from the picture, those are feathers! Wouldn't that make really great fabric or wallpaper?  

No comments:

Post a Comment