Thursday, December 19, 2013

365 Days Of Junk - Day 282

Mid Century Modern Record Cabinet



This is an old record cabinet from the 50's or 60's. It is painted a creamy off-white color, and has a laminate top. It also has for tapered legs with brass caps on the feet. Unfortunately, it is missing the sliding doors on the front. I think it is still a fun piece, even without the doors. I would use it as a TV stand for a small TV, or as an end table. It has great open storage for books or magazines. I paid $30 for this in a thrift store. That was twice as much as I wanted to pay for this thing, but the money raised in that particular thrift store goes to a great charity (they donate wheelchairs and some medical equipment to handicapped people). Since the money goes to a good cause, I feel OK about spending a little bit more than I normally would spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment