Sunday, January 13, 2013

365 Days of Junk - Day 13

Collection of Vintage Sewing Gadgets


I must admit that there are times when I purchase things (especially from thrift stores) that I have no reason to purchase, These are the contents of a bag of sewing "attachments" that I bought, a couple of days ago, from the Goodwill store for $9.99. Most of the items are from the 40's & 50's, and fit some model of Singer Sewing Machine. I do not really sew, much less have a vintage Singer Sewing Machine. So... this purchase was a bit of a what-the-hell-are-you-thinking moment. But... I was intrigued and could not resist. Included in this lot of junk is a Dritz Dot Sanppers Kit. Apparently, you can use this thingumabob to put metal snaps on clothes. I'm not sure why, but the idea of putting snaps on things seems like fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment