Friday, November 9, 2012

Confession

I confess... The other night I didn't really cook any dinner. I just kinda snacked, but before bed I was HUNGRY. So, I got the idea that I wanted toasted pecans for a late night snack. Sounds harmless enough, right??????

They were probably not so harmless after I added butter and salt.


There they are in the oven. Beautiful salty, buttery, toasty pecans. Toasted pecans remind me of the holiday season. People would often give them as gifts in pretty tins. They are super easy to make. You just toss pecan halves in melted butter, and sprinkle with salt (to taste). Then, lay the nuts on a baking sheet and bake until they start to smell toasted. I would ordinarily bake them at around 325 degrees, but the other night I was in a hurry. You can bake them at a higher temp., but you really have to watch them. They burn quickly!

Oh yeah... As crazy as it sounds, these are really good sprinkled over ice cream (I like adding them to vanilla).  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment