Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It's Christmas Tree Time

Well... It's a little late to be Christmas Tree time, in my book. I should have had a tree up and decorated weeks ago! I am only just now getting ours decorated. This year the tree is quite a chore. Usually, I get out boxes of fancy ornaments and keepsake ornaments, but I have decided not to do that this year. Sophie is way too interested in the ornaments to stick with the look-but-don't-touch rule. Oh yeah... And Vinnie, one of our dogs (the French & English bully mix) thinks that the ball shaped ornaments are toys for him to play with!

So... I have chosen the shatterproof (that means plastic) ornaments, candy canes, and probably gingerbread men to decorate the tree. Did I mention that Sophie wants to take individual lights off of the tree?

Just for fun, I started looking for pictures of what I thought a perfect Christmas Tree looks like. Here's my fav:


I think I like pretty much everything about this picture. It makes me want to drink eggnog and sing carols!

My tree (nor my living room) will look like this. My tree is lopsided and will be edible and toddler proof. But... That will be just fine with me as long as it makes Sophie happy! Stay tuned, I will post pics of our completed tree, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment