Friday, December 28, 2012

Our Christmas

Here is the Christmas tree picture I promised in my last post:

Notice how the ornaments are missing from the bottom branches. Most of those were taken off and thrown. When they call plastic ornaments shatterproof, they do not mean unbreakable. The tops actually break off quite easily. And... Candy canes shatter when thrown! Fortunately, the dogs were willing to eat the broken pieces of candy cane. As an added bonus, they would have minty fresh breath, briefly.


Christmas Eve pics:

 Sophie is wearing her Christmas pjs. As kids, we were always given new Christmas themed pajamas on Christmas Eve. Did you have the same experience?


Looking at the lights:



And the stockings were hung (I'm cracking up that the cross stitched menorah is still on the mantel in the background - it was a gift to Alex from the Nanny):



Sophie's Power Wheels Barbie Jeep (she was terrified of it at first but now she LOVES it):



Riding the Step 2 Roller Coaster in the basement (Alex snapped this picture - it's my favorite - I love the joy in her expression):

 She screams whee and yippee when she rides it! I LOVE to see how happy it makes her!!!!! It is cuteness overload.


Pumpkin cheesecake that I made without a real recipe (it turned out great!):




The obligatory child in a box picture:


Our Christmas was nice. We didn't really do anything other that stay busy with Sophie ALL DAY. I'm hoping that we can have some family around, next year. I also hope that everyone else had an enjoyable Holiday, whatever/wherever/however you celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment