Monday, May 6, 2013

365 Days Of Junk - Day 85


Beckoning Cat


Have you seen one of these? Of course you have! So... This is a maneki-neko, which literally means beckoning cat. I consider it more of a waving car, but whatever. These are common Japanese figurines, which are supposed to bring good luck to the owner. (I would certainly like a little [or a lot] extra good luck, please!) 

I found it in a Goodwill store for a couple of dollars and just couldn't resist. You know, the arm waves continuously, as long as there is a working battery in it. Did I mention that it's battery operated? I guess, I should also mention that the waving or beckoning arm is plastic, but the body is ceramic (which I thought was interesting). Oh yeah... I haven't actually put a battery in it, so I don't know for sure that it works. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it does work!

No comments:

Post a Comment