Monday, May 6, 2013

365 Days of Junk - Day 86


Stone Statue of Man & Woman


I think referring to this piece as "stone" is the safest thing to do, because I'm not 100% sure what kind of stone it is. Marble probably? Without measuring, I would say it's approximately 10 inches tall and depicts a man and a woman embracing/kissing (maybe more depending on how your mind works). I paid less that $10 for it, and I think it's kind of hip!

Let me tell you a cute story about this thing... It sat on the kitchen counter for several days (in case you hadn't guessed, trying to store all of the junk can be an issue). During which time, my daughter, kept looking at it and asking what it was. She is not quite 3, and I wasn't sure how to describe it to her. So, I just told her it's a statue. Her response, "Oh, it's a statch-me." Get it????? She cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment