Monday, May 13, 2013

365 Days Of Junk - Day 91


Red Painted Child's Chair


This chair looks kind of primitive, but I don't think it's that old. I'm guessing that it is probably from the 50's or 60's. I think this is Mexican folk art.

It has an interesting story, for me. The chair in the picture above, is not a piece that I purchased. This chair came out of my grandparents attic. I got it because my grandfather passed away a couple of years ago. Anyway, I NEVER remember seeing this thing in their house. It must have been in the attic for YEARS. It was covered in dust. I have it sitting on the hearth for decoration.

A couple of weeks after receiving this chair, I found another one (exactly like it) in a thrift store for a few dollars. Of course, I had to buy it!

The funny thing is... I was looking through my grandfather's photo albums, last night, and I found a picture of my brother sitting in this chair. My brother was just a toddler in the picture (I may have not even been born). So the chair was out in my grandparents house, at some point. I wish I knew more about this type of chair and how my grandparents came to own one. But... Now, I have two of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment