Monday, May 6, 2013

Let's take a break from junk

So... I thought I would take a break from writing about junk. I am trying desperately to catch up on my posts in my 365 Days Of Junk series, but I'm still way behind.

A word of advice: If you decide to take on a daily project, DO NOT get behind. Trying to get caught up, again, really stinks!

Anyway... It's been raining around here A LOT. Although, mother nature did give us a brief break, yesterday, with a teaser of blue sky & sunshine.

This is the Instagram picture of the sky. I'm in LOVE with Instagram. I'd love for you to follow me on Instagram. I'm melissablaircarter.

I really wanted to show a painting that I finished, this weekend. It's my new favorite. It feels really good to paint a piece that I love. I think that I've been in a slump, recently.

Here it is:


I'm currently taking Daring Adventures In Paint, with Mati Rose to try to get past my slump and develop some new techniques. I really like her and her artwork!

I used gouache, for this first time, in this piece. The blues, greens, and yellows in the background are gouache. Then, I used acrylics over them. I like the way the gouache dissolves in water, so you can create a nice drippy effect with a spray bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment