Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fab Fourth

We had a great Fourth of July. We are lucky to have a country club just a few miles from our house, and even luckier to be members. The club had a Fourth of July celebration for the members. There was food, music, games, and fireworks. Oh yeah... There were clean, air conditioned bathrooms next to where the fireworks were. (I like my creature comforts y'all. I DO NOT like to rough it).

First, we ate some dinner.


There were many cute little girls in cute little red, white, & blue dresses. Mine was not one of them, unfortunately.

Anyway... After eating we went outside to the golf course to wait for the fireworks. So pretty and peaceful, right?


Ha ha. While we waited, we ran and ran and...




Next, we played in the sand and I turned into one of those moms. You know, the ones who are totally frustrated and screaming. OK... I wasn't really screaming, but I did wonder how many times I could say NOOOOOOO and STOP. There were lots of other children sitting nicely in chairs or on the ground. How do their moms get them to do that?????


Notice that my child is in constant motion. I could not get her to be still, until the fireworks started. Then, she was pretty much terrified and clinging to one of us for dear life.

Finally, we had fireworks and a subdued child. I took LOTS and LOTS of pictures, mostly of the fireworks. 410 that were saved and uploaded, to be exact. Here are some of my favs:







These are just a few. I really love the way some of them came out. I haven't been much of a photographer, but I was digging it last night. It was a wonderful way to spend the Fourth of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment