Monday, July 30, 2012

Faux Fried Ice Cream

I have to share a super quick & easy recipe/non-recipe with you. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mexican food. And... I love dessert. And... I love ice cream. Therefore, it makes sense that I love fried ice cream. However, I do not love the idea of actually frying a ball of frozen cream in house with 4 dogs and a toddler. I dunno, but it just seems like a bad idea. So... I make ice cream that has the same taste without the frying.

Here's what it looks like:



All you have to do is crush some corn flakes on a plate. I have used plain Corn Flakes and they work just fine, but I prefer the nut and honey kind of cereal with almonds. Anyway, you crush it into fine pieces and put it on a plate. Add at least 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the cereal and mix it together.

Take a scoop of ice cream (you can also use fro yo) and roll it into a ball. I use vanilla ice cream but you can use whatever flavor you like. Next, roll the ball of ice cream in the crushed cereal/cinnamon mixture. I like to get lots of the cereal mixture in the ice cream. Once it's coated, you can shape the ice cream ball a little more.

Lastly, you plop the coated ice cream ball on a plate & drizzle with sauce. You can drizzle with chocolate sauce, caramel, or honey. I like to add a blob of whipped cream, because let's face it, whipped cream makes everything better. I added a fresh strawberry because we didn't have any cherries. I think it added some much needed color. Not to mention, once you add a strawberry, it's practically a fruit salad and totally healthy!

Seriously, it is hard to tell the difference in the fried and not fried versions. This stuff is so easy and so tasty. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment