Friday, May 4, 2012

"Do one thing everyday that scares you."

"Do one thing everyday that scares you," is a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt. I read it somewhere, probably on a blog in the black hole of the internet (you get sucked in and can't find your way back out).  I don't remember exactly where, because I have a toddler and four dogs. I'm lucky if I remember where my keys are most days (seriously people)!

Anyway, I read this quote and it really stuck with me. I feel like I lost my mojo somewhere and I have been wanting to get it back. I think I used to be fearless. Now when I have something that I need or want to do but feel like a chicken shit, I think of this and do it anyway. Hopefully, I get in more than one thing that scares me on most days.

So here goes... I haven't posted anything about art so far, BUT I say that I'm an artist.

Here are a few recent paintings:

Come Play With Me

It Changed It's Mind

All I wanted Was Purple and Yellow

Neon Windows

OK... There is one thing that scares me for today. Yes, it is scary to post pictures of my art work. I admit it! It's tough to put yourself out there, but I encourage everyone to do things that scare them, no matter how small. It feels good once you've done them!

No comments:

Post a Comment