Monday, May 28, 2012

Show & Tell Refurb

Here is a little show & tell about an almost finished project. I found a vintage cabinet in a thrift store. It was cute and good quality. It just needed a little TLC, mostly like a mini face lift. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of what it originally looked like.

Here it is now:

I thought that I was just going to touch up the finish with mahogany stain, but...

After I put on the mahogany stain, I thought I thought it looked too red. It sat in the garage for a couple of months while I contemplated what to do with it.

Then, I saw the Ordinal Dresser from Anthropologie:

And I was inspired!

My inspiration lead me to strip the cabinet and add a white wash. I added the numbers using white paint and a stencil. Of course, I thought it looked TOO WHITE. So... I added some wipe-on walnut colored stain, which is where it is now. I still need to add the hardware. Hopefully I will be satisfied with it after that. I will post an updated picture when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment