Monday, October 29, 2012

Baby It's Cold Outside!

This crazy Frankenstorm has not brought us any rain (which we are in need of), but it has brought COLD temps!!!!!! The cold weather means that Sassy has to be bundled up to go outside. See below:

Oh the cuteness!!!!!

The cold weather has also made me want to cook, but I have been completely lacking food inspiration. I have something like writers block, only with food & cooking. It's very strange and frustrating. Yesterday, I actually wandered around the grocery store trying to decide what to cook for dinner. I even went to the magazine aisle looking for inspiration. CRAZY!!!!! I'm just in the mood for those slow simmered kinds of dishes. The ones that warm up your insides and the whole house. But... I don't have a taste for anything in particular. Finally, I decided on this:


Country fried steak with gravy, mashed potatoes, and yellow squash.

I must admit that it was much easier when I just cooked for myself, or one other person. trying to plan meals for multiple people, including a toddler, is tough!

Oh... I tried taking some pics of myself. I hate pictures of myself, because I just don't fell very photogenic these days. I thought this one was kind of fun:


That's about all that's been going on around here, other that shopping for junk. I will try to post picks of my favorite new finds.

Happy Monday to everyone! I hope everyone in the path of Frankenstorm stays safe and dry!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment