Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Progression

I completed a painting a couple of days ago. A large one, 36 in X 48 in. I took several pictures of my progress and posted them on Instagram. I love, love, love Instagram! I thought I would show them here too.

Beginning:


Layer 1:


Layers 2, 3 & 4:


Layer 5 (black & white added):


Finished with a few extra touches of silver paint:


In the picture above, it is turned the way that I would hang it, but I think that is more about personal preference. I did not paint in with any sort of direction in mind. In fact, I turned the canvas multiple times while I was painting. I think I'm going to name it DK's Confusion for an issue that's been weighing heavily on my mind recently. It is acrylic on canvas. I enjoyed painting it and thought it would be fun to share.

Happy Halloween!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment