Monday, October 15, 2012

The Weekend


Most of my weekend was spent around the house. My mother and stepfather were in town. Alex and my stepfather played in a golf tournament ALL WEEKEND!!!!!!!!! Can I tell you how much I have learned to dislike golf? It takes FOREVER!!!!!!

Anyway... I spent most of the weekend hanging out with my mother & Sassy Pants. See below:


Yep! That's my child crawling across the back of the sofa, totally ignoring my demands that she get down.

My mother brought her a tambourine, a harmonica, and a recorder!!!!!! I just want to know what the heck she was thinking!!!!! My mother is a mother, OBVIOUSLY. Doesn't she remember how much noise toddlers make without those items???? Does she have any idea how much noise MY toddler can make before 9 am with those things??????  She (my mother) thinks it's funny! Is this some kind of retribution??????

Oh well, the noise makers make Sassy happy and I can't resist the cuteness. So I guess I will use earplugs and life will go on.


I did buy some good junk, over the weekend. I got a couple of tables and an old metal Tonka truck. I even spent some time painting one table black. I will have to share pics, but I didn't take a before photo (damn sleep deprived brain).

 I also put out more grass seed, yesterday. The grass is slowly growing and the backyard is turning green! I will show before and after pics of the backyard soon. I am optimistic that I won't have to deal with a mud pit, back there, all winter! (Fingers crossed everyone!)

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Happy Monday from the zoo! (Did I mention that we had 6 dogs in the house over the weekend?)

No comments:

Post a Comment