Monday, October 1, 2012

Around These Parts


It is raining around these parts today. It may actually be pouring. This is the view from the bathroom window, this morning, looking onto our abysmal backyard. It's our patch of parched, barren earth (except for the patches of crazy green monkey grass). We are still trying to figure out how to get the monkey grass to take over the entire back yard, but until then, I am trying to get regular grass to grow. It's a project!

I put out some grass seed, after the last rain. Then, I tried using the the sprinkler to keep the ground moist. Ha ha ha!!!!! I'm hoping this rain will help and I'm going to put out TONS of seed tomorrow or the next day. Keep your fingers crossed that it works. I really don't want a mud pit, this fall/winter, with four dogs and a toddler.

Speaking of the toddler, here she is in her rain boots:


These are not just any boots, these are Hello Kitty boots!!!! They are also a couple of sizes to big, so it is HILARIOUS to watch her walk in them (as a parent you have to get your fun somewhere, especially since drinking & being irresponsible is pretty much out of the question). Oh yeah, can you tell that she dressed herself????? Also, the day she chose this ensemble, it wasn't raining.

So... I haven't posted in a while. Wanna know why????? Here's what happened the last time it rained (almost 2 weeks ago):


That's the rear side of my car, SMASHED. My car was hit, by a commercial delivery truck, while PARKED SAFELY in a parking lot. It got the bumper, the tail light, the fender, rear quarter panel, and the rear door.

What's the big deal, right????????  I wasn't too upset, at the time. I figured insurance would take care of it, no problem. Except, the company apparently didn't have insurance at the time of the accident! Can you believe it? And.... It took A WEEK to find that they didn't have coverage. I had to turn the claim over to my insurance to get it covered by my uninsured motorist coverage, but it is taking them FOREVER to verify that the company and/or driver didn't have insurance. In the meantime, I was going to take my car to get an estimate for the damage. The guy looked at it and said, "Oh shit." Then, he told me that it was not drivable because the tail light was broken. I asked if we could just replace the light, until the insurance issue is resolved. He laughed! Apparently, the car is so damaged that they would not be able to get a new light to fit, until it is repaired. He told me not to worry, that they would fix it & I would never know it had been damaged.

Great!!!! So how long it is going to take to fix?????? Try 22 business days!!!!! Why so long??????? Because, they have to basically saw my car in half and weld a new side on!!!!!!! (But I will never know it was wrecked!) I am just in shock that a car could get damaged this badly from being parked in a parking lot.

Thankfully, I have a rental car. It's not an SUV, so I cannot haul furniture or loads of junk around, but it is a car. I'm trying to be grateful, but it's tough. Expressing gratitude is not one of my strengths, and I still can't believe my bad luck.

I hope everyone has a happy Monday.  Wish me luck that I don't have any incidents in the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment